ACT remains steadfastly committed to the workforce market and its mission to help people achieve workplace success. This commitment is reflected in the unprecedented investment ACT is now making in our WorkKeys program. This investment will ensure the continued progress of WorkKeys to best help you achieve your goals for years to come.
In the summer of 2017, ACT will launch new updated versions of the ACT WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) assessments and credential, as well as the aligned curriculum, test prep and job profiling products and services.
Specific enhancements, in direct response to customer feedback, include:
- New and updated skills and item content to better reflect today’s jobs
- New and improved assessment delivery platform to be more stable, faster
- New Locating Information scale scores and improved item presentation
- Improved holistic approach to calculating certificate levels
- Fully aligned curriculum to better support skill development and test prep
The updated assessments will continue to measure the same core set of broadly relevant career readiness skills that have historically been measured by the NCRC assessments. The updated credential will continue to be a reliable signal of career readiness, trusted by job seekers, employers, and educators domestically as well as internationally.
All WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate assessments and credential will be updated to ensure ongoing relevance and alignment to the changing skill requirements of today’s jobs. The updated assessments will be delivered on a new modernized delivery platform for stability, security and a better user experience. Available June 2017:
- ACT WorkKeys NCRC Assessments
- ACT WorkKeys Applied Math (formerly Applied Mathematics)
- ACT WorkKeys Graphic Literacy (formerly Locating Information)
- ACT WorkKeys Workplace Documents (formerly Reading for Information)
- ACT WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC Credential)
In order to continually pursue our mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success, ACT must occasionally prioritize development and support of solutions based on the potential for national and international impact.
As part of this effort, a number of ACT WorkKeys assessments will no longer be offered. These product sunsets were a necessary part of the increased commitment to the WorkKeys program. We are very proud of the value that customers have found in each of our assessments and recognize that this change will be disruptive. However, these changes will allow ACT to focus resources on the next generation of career and workforce solutions.
The products will be discontinued in two phases. Phase 1 in June includes Listening for Understanding, Listening and Writing Performance, and Teamwork. Phase 2 in June 2018 includes Applied Technology, Business Writing, Observation, and Workplace Observation. Follow the latest WorkKeys news online at pages2.act.org/workkeysnews.html.