Interviewing for a job can seem very overwhelming. It might seem like everything depends on this interview – the job, your life and your career. Try out these tips from the Greater Joplin Toastmasters for your next interview.
It Doesn’t Have to Be About Your Paid Experience
- You can demonstrate your qualifications by talking about internships or volunteer work
- Don’t be afraid to demonstrate skills, experiences and accomplishments from areas of your life outside of work.
- This shows employers how you respond to challenges, solve problems, work on teams or simply show enthusiasm for your career.
- Remember to stay on topic.
- Answer questions in the most concise way possible.
- Make sure your answer highlights your skills and qualifications for the position.
- Do not lie. If you lack experience, explain how you are a quick learner or give an example of how you have overcame previous challenges.
- Keep your answers positive.
- Jot down information during the interview so you can properly evaluate the company.
- Keep in mind that you are deciding if this position is a good fit for you also.
- Employers look for authentic answers. The best way to show this is by being you.
If you would like to gain more skills for your career, consider joining Toastmasters International. You can gain valuable communication and leadership skills through Toastmasters. For more information, contact Brooke Schroeder at 417-529-3663.